Install our MCQTUBE Android app from the Google Play Store and prepare for any competitive government exams for free.
- Basic Process Of Training And Learning CTET MCQ FREE
- Basic Process Of Teaching And Learning CTET MCQ
- Individual Differences Among Learners CTET MCQ
01 If there is a hallmark of problem-solving approach then which one is that particular characteristics?
- The statement that explains the problem is equipped with implicit hint
- There is only the pathway that leads to the right answer
- The problem is based on only a definite topic or principle
- The problem relates to daily life situation
Option 1 – The statement that explains the problem is equipped with implicit hint
02 Which of the following is the idea given by EL Thorndike?
- Learning a concept and using it over a period of time helps in reduction of the errors committed by students
- Learning a concept and then using it repeatedly will not help reducing errors until the teacher supervises every time
- By learning a difficult concept and then applying it to a problem is difficult too but to a certain extent
- A student will take time in learning the concept but once he learns it then he will apply successfully
Option 1 – Learning a concept and using it over a period of time helps in reduction of the errors committed by students
03 Which of the given statements is not correct about the children’s scientific outlook?
- children are problem-solvers by nature
- children are scientific-investigators
- children love to explore things nearby them
- children are the passive listeners and the passive recipients of knowledge
Option 4 – children are the passive listeners and the passive recipients of knowledge
04 A teacher wants the learning curves of his students to be better. Which of the following will help him achieve this?
- students should be allowed to read more books so that they gain more knowledge
- students should be subjected to tests more often
- teacher should use the carrot and stick policy
- students should be given an opportunity to discuss a problem in groups
Option 4 – students should be given an opportunity to discuss a problem in groups
05 Out of the given statements which one is not correct about children?
- children are not passive but active explorers of their surrounding
- there remains a scientific investigators in every child
- children receives the knowledge in passive form
- children are more of a problem solver and less of a problem creator
Option 3 – children receives the knowledge in passive form
06 Student is asked to sum-up the steps in the process of problem-solving. Out of the given statements, choose which one is not a step related to problem-solving
- problem should be identified
- the problem should be broken down in smaller units
- thinking out the possible strategies or solutions
- outcomes are to be anticipated
Option 2 – the problem should be broken down in smaller units
07 Which of the following is correct for the statement : ” A problem statement has enough of clear hints “?
- problem-solving approach
- identification of the problems
- assessment of problem
- anticipation of the solution of the problem
Option 1 – problem-solving approach
08 Which one doesn’t support the easing out the ways of problem-solving in a funny way?
- creativity in thinking
- ample time for recreation
- peer discussion
- anticipating perfection from them without any supervision
Option 4 – anticipating perfection from them without any supervision
Which of the following is not associated with the UNO?
(C) Security Council
(D) ASEANShow Answer
09 Which of the following is the first step in the scientific method of problem-solving?
- formation of hypothesis
- verification of hypothesis
- problem awareness
- collection of relevant information
Option 3 – problem awareness
10 A teacher can make problem-solving fun for students by doing all the following except
- expecting perfection from the students while they are trying to do things by themselves
- providing open ended material
- giving time for free play
- providing endless opportunities for creative thinking
Option 1 – expecting perfection from the students while they are trying to do things by themselves
11 Which of the following characteristics is the hall mark of the problem-solving approach?
- there is usually one approach for getting the right answer
- the problem is based on only one principle topic
- there is an implicit hint given in the problem statement
- the problem is original
Option 3 – there is an implicit hint given in the problem statement
12 The following are the steps in the process of problem-solving except
- anticipate outcomes
- identification of a problem
- breaking down the problem into smaller parts
- explore possible strategies
Option 3 – breaking down the problem into smaller parts
13 Which of the following does not deter problem-solving?
- mental sets
Option 1 – insight
14 When students are given an opportunity to discuss a problem in groups, their learning curve
- becomes better
- remains stable
- remains the same
Option 1 – becomes better
The International Court of Justice is located at?
(D) ViennaShow Answer
15 To a question related to preparation of tea in the class, a student answered it on the basis of the inputs that he had watching his mother preparing coffee. This is related to?
- law of attitude
- law of readiness
- law of analogy
- law of effect
Option 3 – law of analogy
16 What changes does a child make in himself when he is at concrete-operational stage?
- a child begins to think logically about objects and events
- a child becomes active towards his day to day operations
- a child brings the experience of others in the operations that are meant to him
- a child becomes responsive to external things whenever comes into contact
Option 1 – a child begins to think logically about objects and events
17 Which of the following processes refers to the researching the functioning of the mind? ( Child: A Problem-Solver and as a Scientific Investigator )
- mind reading
- intellectual rationing
- mind mapping
- intellectual mapping
Option 2 – intellectual rationing
18 Problem-solving attitude comes from creative learners. Which of the given statements supports the concept in the best way?
- by enabling the teachers and students know the value of good education
- training the students to score high in the exams he appears into
- creating a hype in the students since childhood about the grades
- providing opportunities to question and to nurture innate talents of learner
Option 4 – providing opportunities to question and to nurture innate talents of learner
19 In the scientific method of problem-solving what comes in the last out of the given ones ( Child: A Problem-Solver and as a Scientific Investigator )
- identification of problem
- collection of information
- formation of alternatives
- authenticating the alternatives
Option 4 – authenticating the alternatives
20 A teacher was to teach the concept of making curd from milk. Which method do you think is most suitable for the purpose?
- to explain the process of curd formation
- to make diagrams showing the process
- to allow students to make curd by themselves and observe the proceedings
- to give pictorial presentation
Option 3 – to allow students to make curd by themselves and observe the proceedings
21 Problem-solving can be easy and fun for the students if
- the teacher expects everything fine from the students
- the teacher gives freedom to the students to do what they think best
- the teacher tries to adopt carrot and stick policy
- the students don’t depend upon teacher and do the assignment with his peers.
Option 2 – the teacher gives freedom to the students to do what they think best
We covered all the Child: A Problem-Solver and as a Scientific Investigator MCQ’s above.